A great effort and win by all 4 rinks in the Div 7 team against the previously undefeated top side in Div 7. A solid effort by Div 4 against a very strong St Kilda outfit. Numbers are back with us this week and we welcome Rodger and Pek Tee Kimpton back this week. We will run a 9th rink for those not selected in the pennant team for a full-scale practice again.
Just a reminder the Choral afternoon on Sunday November 11th, this should be a great afternoon and I encourage all members to come along and bring the family, just $25 including your first drink and something to eat as well represents great value and is an important fundraiser for the club. At the moment we have 40 people confirmed only, bring along the family and friends, have a drink, a bowls and a relax supported by some great music!!!!! The sheet is at the club awaiting your names.
It’s Regis Aged Care day this Saturday so we look forward to seeing some representatives and hearing what is going on at Regis. While on the subject of Regis, they are looking for volunteers as below to help out a few of the residents.
- Play musical instruments (Regis has a piano, otherwise bring your instrument here)
- Companion visits – Regis would match personal interests between the club member and the resident
- Poetry or book readings to a small group
- Walking companions – walk with the resident in local streets/coffee shop visit or similar
- Craft – anyone that enjoys hand crafts and would like to demonstrate or teach others would be welcome
- Italian or Greek speaking would be great if you have anyone in these groups!
I will put up some forms at the club this week, let’s see how many of our members would like to assist!!!!
It was great to see Tom and his family on Saturday, a reminder that Tom will be with us Wednesday night to do some simple hearing testing for anyone in attendance, please say hello and get your ears checked.
Back in Motion
The Physio will be in the house!!!! For whatever ails you physically we are planning to have a representative of one of our sponsors, Back in Motion attend a Wednesday night and at the time do any assessments for those in attendance, stay tuned for the date……might also get them there on a Thursday after practice if all goes well.
Joe Aarons and Rodger Kimpton (welcome back Rodger and Pek Tee of course) have kindly offered to help and run weekly practice, you might also find a technique session on a Sunday if there is enough interest. Please give them your attention and support, after all they are just trying to make us all better.
Matches are in full swing, great game yesterday between Jill McLean and Bunty Evans, some really good bowling with Jill managing to hold out Bunty. A game played in great spirit and testament to the improvements in both of these ladies, watch out whoever plays Jill next!!! Thanks to Malcolm and Eiko who marked games yesterday.
- The next milestone date is 4th November so I expect to see a lot of activity this week as there are a fair few games to get through. We can’t afford much flexibility in the dates as this impacts the next round so please try and get your games played and completed.
Best winning rink:
Great to see a new winning rink on Saturday, from Div 7:
You guys were stars on the weekend!!!!! Please help yourself to a free drink to celebrate your great efforts.
Good luck and good bowling!!!!
President – Malvern Bowling Club
M – 0410 074 270