Business & Boardroom Bowls at Malvern Bowling Club
Barefoot Bowls is simply…fun.
Business Bowls takes it a stage further, combining fun with team building and bonding benefits that no other sport can match. Whether it’s to build or rebuild team spirit after two tough years of Covid, celebrate a great yearly result, entertain or reward clients, or simply enjoy a few informal hours out of the office, a half day or day at Malvern Bowling Club is not only time efficient, but also great ‘bang for buck’ when compared to other forms of corporate entertainment.
The advantages of Business Bowls at Malvern Bowling Club are;
- The group all start and finish together and remain within a 100 metre radius. This makes it easy for participants to chat, laugh, relax and interact and compares favourably to corporate golf days, where people are randomly scattered about the course and arrive back at the club house at different times.
- Malvern Bowling Club has lights, so Business Bowls can start late afternoon or early evening after the heat of the working day and continue through till around 9:30 pm.
- Business Bowls is also much more inclusive than corporate golf events, as gender, age, cultural background, physical strength, etc, offer no advantage. Hitting a golf ball straight is difficult, particularly for the inexperienced – but almost everyone can successfully roll a bowl along the ground. This means that everyone in the team has a part to play.
- A game where every member has a part to play and all make their own unique contribution to the overall result! This is a great metaphor for the business world and our coaches and volunteers (many of whom have worked in senior corporate and organisational roles themselves) are well aware of this. They are readily able to set up games that subtly reinforce the team message and spirit, in a context of fun.
- A few hours on the Malvern green is, literally, time out from the rat race. And Malvern Bowling Club’s location, in a quiet leafy street, (just 20 minutes’ drive from the CBD, a 10 minute walk from Malvern Train Station and Glenferrie Rd trams and within a kilometre of the demographic centre of Melbourne) makes it easily accessible for everyone.
- We have a large barbeque adjacent to the green and our licensed bar, operated by club volunteers, is well stocked with beers, wines, cider, ‘cruisers’, spirits and soft drinks.
You can also combine green hire with hire of our adjacent hall and kitchen for meetings, presentations and conferences. To read about the facilities on offer click here.
To contact us with your booking enquiry, click here or just phone us on 9509 2004 and follow the prompts.