Well the green is closed and upkeep has commenced, still looks good enough to bowl on…..
All that is left to do is the AGM and to have a great afternoon on Sunday May 19th for presentation of awards and a celebration of the season that was. We currently have about 30 members and guests down to attend which is well down on the usual 50 or so. Hopefully we can expect a few more to put your names down on the sheet or let Graeme Lee or myself know that you will be attending.
For reference the details are as follows:
When: Sunday 19th May 2019
Time: Nibbles start midday, 12:00pm followed by a sumptuous lunch, we expect the afternoon to conclude around 3:00pm
Cost: A very reasonable $25 per head including your first drink
A number of our major sponsors and life members will be in attendance so for one more time this year let’s celebrate as only Malvern Bowling Club can. Hope to see you there.
- The AGM will be Saturday 22nd June, 2019 commencing at 10:00am and will once again be held at the facility of Regis Aged Care. Regis will also at the conclusion of the meeting provide a guided tour for anyone wishing to have a look at the facility.
- We have (when I say we I mean Andy Smith and Roger Morrison) established a working bee crew every Wednesday at the club. This is open to anyone who would like to contribute to the upkeep of the club and to spend a few hours with friends doing some updating and upkeeping around the club. No need to sign up, simply turn up between 10:00am and 1:00pm any Wednesday of course wearing appropriate handy person clothing. All members are invited.
Some projects that we can be working on include:
- Sanding and repainting of outdoor bench seats
- Sanding and repainting of timber channel, rink edging
- Filling, sanding and repainting of window frames
- Sanding and repainting of verandah post
- Cleaning of hall chairs
- New felt pads on hall chairs
- Cleaning of kitchen and hall
- New felt pads on bowls rakes
- Cleaning out of greenkeepers sheds
- Weeding and mulching of garden beds (north of green)
President – Malvern Bowling Club