From anniversaries to birthdays, engagements to christenings, school fundraisers to social events, corporate functions or sports club presentation nights, the Malvern Bowling Club is the perfect place to be. You can self-cater or bring in an external caterer of your choice.
Our flat rate of $750 covers use of the indoor facilities including the commercial kitchen, plus the BBQ facilities and outdoor area including lawn bowls equipment and someone to get you started to play the game.
During the bowling pennant season, (late September to early March), Saturday daytime functions are not possible and preparation time for an evening function is restricted until after 6.00pm. Tuesday daytime is not available but evenings are available, setup can commence from about 4.00pm.
- The function space we offer is comfortable for seating up to 80 people. You may have a
- maximum of 80-120 guests for a standing event.
- We have a licensed bar with qualified bar staff (sorry, no BYO alcohol or soft drinks).
- We have a well-stocked commercial kitchen and you are welcome to use our crockery, cutlery, utensils, bowls, and trays for your function.
- We provide bowlers to assist with instructions on bowling.
- You must leave the clubrooms as you found them.
- It is of critical importance that our bowling green is protected at all times. There is to be no dumping of lawn bowls onto the green. Only bare feet or completely smooth flat-soled shoes may be worn on the green. There is to be no smoking or drinking on the green.
- Children must be supervised at all times especially if they are on the bowling green.
- For evening functions: outside lights must go out at 10:30pm. The bar closes at 11:30pm and functions must conclude no later than 12:00 midnight.
- Small functions, ie. Barefoot bowling, are charged at the rate of $20 pp per two hours with a minimum of $400
- $100 non-refundable deposit will secure your booking. If you are making a bank deposit, please advise by email so that we can lock the date into our reservations book. We do accept credit cards.
East Malvern Community Bank – Bendigo Bank
Account Name – The Malvern Bowling Club
BSB 633 000
Account Number 1433 44984
Description – [Function] [date]